PT. Hatfield Indonesia (PTHI) is a well-established (1990) and growing environmental consulting company that offers excellent career opportunities for highly motivated individuals. Our company provides science-based solutions in a range of sectors including infrastructure, mining, forestry, renewable energy, international development, marine and coastal management, and others. We work for a wide range of clients in the private sector, national and international government agencies, international finance institutions, and civil society organizations. To deliver these services, we have an integrated team of national and international specialists that understand the need for strong environmental and social science in support of sustainable development in Indonesia.
PT. Hatfield Indonesia is seeking to hire a national expert for the position of Junior Forestry Specialist in our Bogor office. The ideal candidate for this position will have overall responsibility is to contribute to project deliverables based on tasks assigned by the Project Manager (PM) and/or Project Director (PD). You are expected to provide a suitable level of technical competency on the subject area(s) for which you are responsible. Your role includes supporting proposal development, project implementation, and may include coordination and supervision of other staff and/or sub-consultants.
PTHI recognizes the importance of a balanced approach to work. Along with rewarding professional development opportunities and a competitive salary, careers at PTHI come with benefits that help you grow within the company and contribute to the wider community.
Location: Bogor, Indonesia
Employment Term: On a contract basis for 12 months (with potential extension)
Work Days: Full time (5 days per week)
Roles and Responsibilities:
During proposal development stage:
Contribute to the proposal development as assigned by the Project Director or Project Manager, such as:
- Searching specific technical and/or financial data or information (references, publications etc.) as input to the proposal;
- Writing specific section of the proposal; and
- If necessary, support marketing and desktop publisher in finalizing the proposal and submit it to the client.
During project implementation stage:
1) Provide contribute in:
- the development of Project Implementation Plan;
- field work preparation;
- report writing (Bahasa Indonesia and/or English as stipulated in our contract agreement);
2) Conduct field work as assigned and specified by Project Manager/Project Director
3) Implement data compilation and data analysis for its own deliverables or for supporting other team members, and ensure all data are carefully stored and safely transported to PTHI’s office in Bogor;
4) Support the Project Manager in implementing project related events such as Workshop, Training, Focus Group Discussion or other relevant events;
5) During implementation of the above tasks, follow and improve the implementation of HR, HSE and QMS standards and procedures (utilization of SOPs for both office work and fieldwork). This is including provide inputs for HSE and QMS procedures improvement;
6) During implementation of the above tasks, the objective is to complete the project on time and on budget while strive to achieve the highest possible level of quality control on all outputs, and documents produced;
During project close out stage:
1) Support the Project Manager to compile material for Close-Out Meeting;
2) Contribute on the sub-consultant evaluations;
3) Support Project Manager to provide input to corporate experience;
4) Update their own CV.
1) Provide translation from English to Bahasa Indonesian (and vice-versa) for documents;
2) If requested, participate in other company businesses as required to help the company to meet its project objectives (e.g., project administration, marketing, etc.);
3) Coordinate and implement Company projects related to Forestry, in conjunction with other PTHI team members and sub-consultants;
4) Work closely with technical staff in the field and in report production activities;
5) Identify and develop potential markets for the company related with forestry studies;
6) Work in conjunction with PTHI staff and/or their sub-consultants in the field and/or office to complete projects
7) Other duties which may be added to your position as you and the Company evolve.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Forestry, Biology, Natural Resources Management or equivalent from reputable University;
- At least 3 years of experience in forestry, biodiversity, natural resources management projects /consultancy (preferable candidates have experience/knowledge for carbon sequestration and climate change);
- Excellent communication in Bahasa Indonesia and English (oral and written – technical and scientific writing);
- Experience in biodiversity survey and HCV and carbon stock assessments;
- Familiarity with IFC Performance Standards;
- Familiarity with Indonesian regulations related to natural resources and forestry;
- Familiarity with certification in forestry and palm oil sector;
- Familiarity with AMDAL process;
- Good research and analytical skills;
- Good interpersonal communication skills;
- Good skill in developing information and outreach (info-kits for social media, presentation development)
- Ability to multitask, perform tasks outside the usual job scope, and willing to travel frequently on short notice.
- Demonstrated reporting and project management skills including time management, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Intermediate computer skills required: MS Office and statistical software.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, and CV describing your experience and salary expectations to email@example.com (no phone calls please). Please indicate “Junior Forestry Specialist” in your subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.